A School Teacher You Remember

 A school teacher I remember was Mrs Burrows, who was my first English teacher when I moved to school in England. I was born in Wales between Mold and Buckley, but I moved to Chester, in England, when I was 6 years old. 


I don't really remember any of my teachers in Wales but Mrs Burrows made a big impression. She was always jolly. She smiled a lot, and I remember her as a very gentle person. The main thing I remember from the English classes is the stories she used to tell us. Her and her husband had lived many years in China working as missionaries and she loved to tell us about her travels and experiences. 

I also remember we read short stories and poems in class and then worked to create our own stories and poems. It was a long time ago but I distinctly remember being very proud of a poem I wrote about a leaf. I can't remember how many years Mrs Burrows taught me but it can only have been 2 or 3. Unfortunately, her and her husband died in a car crash whilst on holiday in Italy. If my memory is correct, that happened in my final year at High School (but I'm not 100% sure). I think the last I saw Mrs Burrows was at the end of my penultimate year at Middle School.

I think the most important thing Mrs Burrows taught me was to use my imagination. I was inspired by her stories and I guess her encouragement to write poems was the start of me writing songs.


Here's a photo of my Middle School.

Write about a teacher from school that you remember.

Say:

Who they were.

What subject they taught,

What you remember about the teacher,

What you learnt from this teacher,

When you saw this teacher for the last time.

Mention anything else you think  is important or interesting. Try to write a least 200 words.

Leave a comment on your teacher´s blog, and the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

Comments

  1. She sounds like a lovely person!! I wish i had met her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting way of teaching. Do you remember the poem you wrote about leaf?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'ts great when a teacher inspires you in many aspects

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, the school seems really cool, maybe is beacuse here in Chile most of the public school are ugly

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good that i remember her fondly as a teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. the school looks very nice and elegant, like in a movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He seemed to be a really nice person, really interesting to see another college! :o

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Fun Day Out With Friends

New York Web Quest

Five Favourites