Fiestas Patrias

 Hi Bloggers,

Being a non-meat eater (my diet is 99% plant-based), Fiestas Patrias is not my favourite celebration because it centres around barbecues and the smell of cooked meat. However, what I do enjoy is having a few days holiday, and I guess this year was special because we had 10 days off.

So, my wife´s birthday was on September 12th so from the 13th to the 17th we went to Isla Negra with her sister and mum. We rented a little cabin in the middle of nowhere (about 15 minutes walk from the centre of the town). It was a really relaxing place, surrounded by trees  so the only sounds were the birds and the wind in the trees. 

It was a really lazy few days. We cooked, ate, drank, read and went for the occasional walk. In the evenings we played table games (Ticket to Ride and Yatzee).

On the way back to Santiago on the 17th, we went via Limache and visited some friends there.

On September 18 & 19, I just chilled, making music, watching some movies and reading.

A good break:)

How about you?

Write about your Fiestas Patrias 2024

Say:

Where you went,

What you did,

Who you saw.

Mention anything else you think  is important or interesting. Try to write a least 100 words.

Leave a comment on your Teacher´s blog and the blogs of at least 3 cñlassmates.



ink

Comments

  1. That seems to be a really cool day! chilling in a house around with trees is one of my wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is the 1% food that is not plant-based?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes eat fish to boost my protien intake. Since turning vegan in 2020 I have lost 12 kilos, mainly muscle (because of my age, I guess)

      Delete
  3. It´s great to go to the beach on Fiestas Patrias.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isla negra sounds very relaxing place

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to go to Isla Negra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great trip to the beach,i know there are vegan fondas ,i never go ,but is must have good food

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even thought you don't like fiestas patrias very much, I think you had a great time

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Fun Day Out With Friends

New York Web Quest

Five Favourites